Friday, January 1, 2010

1/365 (2010 Project 365) : A Clean Slate

I've always wanted to try doing a Project 365 for some time now, but whenever I find the time for it, I always sense something off about the timing. But today when I took the photo below of the Tokyo Tower as the clock struck past midnight to 2010, I realized that I will be turning 30 this year, and I remembered what my very best friends here in Tokyo always tell me - that life begins at 30, I knew that this was the start I was waiting for. The timing was just right.

001/365 : A Clean Slate
Taken with my iPhone

Here's to new beginnings, a fresh start, a clean slate. Happy New Year everyone!


==========

Today's "Things To Be Thankful For":
(Technically, it was still December 31st when some of these happened, but it was New Year's Eve, so I'm counting them as January 1st.)
  1. Icel and I had a great "bonding" dinner and we talked about everything - well, mostly about the sometimes happy, sometimes confusing, sometimes exciting, sometimes sad and sorry state of our love lives, but isn't that everything for the young at heart? Bwahaha. We missed May and Malen though.
  2. Icel told me that Eric remembered me as "the one with the cute face". It's childish I know, but that made me quite happy haha!
  3. Icel and I ran all the way from Outback to Tokyo Tower with just under 20 minutes left till midnight and made it to the countdown, yay! It was our first time to join the Tokyo Tower countdown and it was so touching and exciting to share that moment with one of my best friends and one of the most honest and kindhearted people I know.
  4. Marvin woke me up at 11AM with a box of chicken, a box of mini cakes, and one Krispy Kreme doughnut he snuck out for me from his office New Year's Day treat. That was quite sweet. ^_^ (He was on night duty on New Year's eve)
  5. Icel texted me this: "Love you Anna. And so love yourself." Aww, love you too sis! I don't know how I could have survived 2009 without you, May, and Malen. Oh, and Icel also told me she and Eric loved the brownies I made them yayy!!

No comments: