Sorry for the super late post, but I had been busy the past two days - I had to stay very late in the office last Friday and yesterday I was out with friends for most of the day.On the train ride back home last Friday, I was thinking how easy it is to get caught up in patterns, to resign to the fact that "it is what it is". There's a comfort in patterns, in the repetition of lines - we know what to expect, we know how to react, what to feel, what not to feel. Amidst this world's uncertainty, in our own way, we get to know.
But there's a danger in succumbing to patterns, to the rituals of our everyday lives. There comes a point when we feel as though we had not accomplished much of anything. This is it? What's the point? We feel as though we had not lived.
Once in a while, we have to try and break away from these patterns. As most of us say, from time to time it's good to push yourself beyond your comfort zone.
No comments:
Post a Comment