Sunday, August 30, 2009

Old and Gray

our matching sneakers. :)My Adidas sneakers are now old and gray, and I've been meaning to buy a new pair for some time now. Every time I go to some mall, though, I end up not buying any, either because I didn't like any of the designs or those I did like were way too expensive. And admittedly, my sneakers may be tattered and worn out, but they fit me perfectly and are just so comfy. So it was such a nice surprise that I finally found a pair I liked on sale today at 20% discount.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still keeping my old worn out sneakers even though I'm now loving my new pair to bits. (Did I just say 'love to bits'?!?! I'm watching way too many chick flicks) I won't wear them as often, and most probably they'll just gather dust at the back of my closet. But maybe there would be times when I'd long for the familiar comfort of that old pair and take them out for a walk. :)

Yes, I'm weird. I thought of all that while waiting for my turn at the cashier. Oh, and I bought a pair for Marvin, too. We have matching sneakers again. :D

On the way home, I thought that Marvin and I have that same kind of relationship. It may be tattered and worn out by all the misunderstandings and differences, but it's comfortable, familiar, and fit our lives in the most weirdly perfect way. Sure, we look at other men/women, look for something new, but I guess I at least am still in that stage that, sure there are better men, but none are special enough, none at least as special as what I see in Marvin. As Marvin always says, "I may see other girls, but love like ours, well it will take a long time to find it again."

But I also know that like finding that perfect pair of sneakers, there will come a time when we would both find that special someone that would make us long for that something new. We would learn to love them, but like that old pair of sneakers, our love will always be a wonderful memory kept in an equally special closet in our minds and in our hearts. And hopefully, when we're old and gray and close to the end of our journey, we'd remember its familiar and warm comfort. =)

** It feels good to be writing again. I think it's because I'm in a programming lull. You can't be logical and emotional at the same time. ;)

No comments: