Thursday, January 14, 2010

14/365 (2010 Project 365) : 7th Heaven

I miss my family, my 7th Heaven.

I was feeling a bit down today so I took out the box of letters (lots of letters!) from my family and went through all of them again. I still cry every time. I think I got my love for writing from my mother. I just wish I also got that beautiful cursive haha!

I miss my father's favorite line, which he still tells me even when I'm already a year shy of 30 - "Always be a good girl, ok?"

And I always have to stop and sob uncontrollably whenever I read my favorite lines from one of my mother's letters - "I really wanted you to stay, but on the other hand, I don't want to clip your wings. ... Who would have ever thought that a shy girl like you could dare to do such an endeavor. You were so overprotected...now look at you."

I love you, always.

And I'll always keep in mind one quote from one of the letters:
To be honest, to be kind; to earn a little and to spend a little less; to make on the whole one family happier for his presence; to renounce where that shall be necessary, and not to be embittered; to keep a few friends, without capitulation; above all, on the same conditions to keep friends with himself; here is a task for all that a man has of fortitude and delicacy. -- Robert Louis Stevenson

014/365 : Seventh Heaven


(7th Heaven was a show about a big loving family in a fictional town called Glen Oak, California.)

No comments: