I was on my way back to my friend's apartment in Kinshicho after buying lunch and coffee when I noticed a familiar but odd tower-like structure still under construction in the background. Familiar because I remember seeing something similar on TV the other day, odd because I've never noticed that before when I go to my friend's apartment (which is quite often - something like a few times each week). Then it hit me - it was the Tokyo Sky Tree!
It's funny how and when we notice the things we do. It had been there right in front of us or lodged deep in our subconscious for the longest time, but it takes that special instant - it may be that sudden recognition of something you've never given even a second thought to or that moment of acceptance of a growing realization you've been denying most especially to yourself - for us to just notice.
And recently, I have noticed you. The way your eyes look their kindest when you smile and say "Hi". The way you put your palm up to say "Bye". The way your face turns to different shades of red when you get embarrassed or frustrated. The way your eyes dance when you're nervous and you're trying to hide it. The way you laugh, the way you frown, your pout, your smile.
And I noticed me, too. The way I smile when you do the silly things you do. The way I laugh myself silly at even your corniest jokes. The way I look away when I walk past you, afraid that you might see how you make me feel. The way I am calmed by the sound of your voice, by the words you speak. The way I feel whenever I am near you and whenever I am not.
My eyes on yours. Your eyes on mine. Maybe you'd notice it too.

No comments:
Post a Comment