Since the doctors here in Japan offer little advice outside their "just what you paid for" diagnosis, I tried doing some research on my own on how I can cope better with my painful condition. Since I'm still adjusting to my physical therapy routine, it's quite difficult to stick to an exercise regimen at this time, so I decided to start first by adopting a more helpful diet.
What to avoid:
dairy products
meat
eggs
alcohol (no more beer! huhuhu...)
citrus fruits (bye bye oranges...)
berries (bye bye strawberries...)
coffee, tea, or anything with caffeine
white rice (hmm, I need to lose weight anyway...)
white flour products
potatoes
tomatoes (大好きだけど。。。)
eggplants
What could help:
oily fish like salmon and tuna
green leafy vegetables
whole grain products
kidney beans
pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds
pineapple
papaya
mango
guava
Looking at the last four items on the "good food" list, I'm now thinking that maybe it is indeed better for me to go back to the Philippines. Haha, it's a sign! LOL!
Also, my mother has been telling me for the longest time to try Phiten titanium products. Though I'm still a bit skeptical about these bracelets and such, she swears it helps relieve pain. Oh well, I guess it won't hurt to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment