Sunday, May 16, 2010

Exciting Q2&3 for Photography

I mentioned before that I will be doing more photowalks from now on, and as long as my back permits it, I intend to stick to that plan. It would be a great way for me to practice "shooting in the moment" (I think I've gotten too comfortable with food and still photog lately) and it would be great exercise for me as well. I haven't gone to the gym in a long while because of my bad back and these killer headaches I get, but I think I can endure an hour or so of walking with photography as a productive distraction.

But I can't just wander aimlessly, so here's my plan, at least for Q2&3 of this year:
  • Ueno Park & Zoo : Will probably go there on the last weekend of May or first weekend of June, while the weather is still cool and not too humid.

  • Sumida River : I spend a lot of time in Kinshicho so this would be a convenient place for me to start before I venture into unknown territories haha.

  • Minato Mirai in Yokohama : I haven't done a night shoot of Minato Mirai, which I guess is a must for every aspiring photographer (or even just a wannabe, like me) here in Japan.

  • Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown : I've been working in Roppongi for over 2 years. I think it's high time I have decent shots of the place.

  • Various fireworks festivals around June and August

  • Lastly, if I get good (and brave) enough, I might try Harajuku. Scary!

Oh, and next weekend, on the 22nd and 23rd, I'll also be doing some shooting for the SFC Japan National Conference. I'm going to be focused mainly on the DIY photo booth, but I will definitely take some photos of the events as well. Here's the layout I came up with for our DIY photo booth. Not as pretty as what you could get from a professional, but it's not that bad either. I'm so excited!!! (#^_^#)

SFC Icon Photobooth Sample 1

No comments: