Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day with Great Filipino Love Songs

Since college days, these 3 are the best songs for Valentine's day. No matter how I'm feeling that particular Valentine's day - happily in love, sad&heartbroken, or just plain indifferent - I absolutely must listen to these songs. Some sort of personal ritual I guess? Haha, or maybe because South Border and Side-A always used to hold V Day concerts back home. Hmm.

South Border's Kahit Kailan is an absolute V Day favorite! Too bad, this was used as a song for a not so wholesome movie (forgot the title), or I think it was, and it kind of ruined the magic for me a little. Haha, anyway, I particularly love, just LOVE, the part of the smooth transition from Luke's singing to the sax bit. Wow, still gets me every time. Here's a great video of them performing it live. (Sorry, the video cannot be embedded.)

Side-A's Forevermore is another absolute fave! If only it hasn't become so overused (I can still remember the height of the Kristine-Echo love team, ugh), I'd consider including this song in my wedding, if I ever get to have one, hehehe...



And of course, when you talk about great Filipino love songs, you cannot forget Ric Segreto. I actually love Give Me A Chance more than his more popular Don't Know What To Say.

No comments: