It made me happy that he still considers me a trusted friend, but it also made me guilty. I have been too busy with my life here in Tokyo that it seems I have completely forgotten him. He still checks up on me once in a while and never fails to call me on Christmas or New Year, but you can say that it seems I have unintentionally abandoned all efforts to keep the friendship going.
But I still do care and I miss him constantly. I still remember and even long for our telebabad phone conversations that would last for hours even though we had just seen each other in school earlier that day. We talk about everything and anything. We keep each other's secrets, we are each other's shock absorbers. We laugh about everything and everyone (haha!). We even make fun of each other in the most brutal way bwahahaha!. And most of the time, our jokes would make others think, "and that is funny because...???" But we understand each other well, we know each other well. There was even a time I suspected he could read my mind hahaha. We get each other in ways no one else could.
I wish we could go back to that time again. In the meantime, I just have to make do with old photos, short YM messages, surprising phone calls, and such. Speaking of photos, I couldn't stop laughing at his photo with a coaster that says, "I'm honest about my weight, but I've started lying about my height." Ehem, Paul, haven't you always lied about your height?!? But don't worry, height (and the amount of hair you have left, if there's still any, I haven't seen you in a while...peace!) doesn't matter. Bwahahahaha! XD
No comments:
Post a Comment