Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just A Thought On Faith

Today I chanced upon a film by Richard Dawkins about how religion's closed-minded view of the universe may just be the root of some of the great injustices in the world today. While I don't 100% agree with everything he says, I think that it's also helpful to listen to and learn from him and others who have different views.

One thing that bothers me about religion is that the devout always complain that people should be more open-minded and open to the possibility of their God, yet sometimes it seems that they're the most closed-minded ones. And why are the faithful so judgmental and unforgiving of those who do not share the same beliefs? Why do they frown upon people who would like to believe but would also like to question those beliefs maybe because they just want to understand their faith better?

P.S.

Just like to add one comment I made on FB:
It's not like I'm saying that God does not exist and I think that those who believe in Him are fools - this is also one thing I don't like with some Atheists. I'm just saying that why can't we be more open, believing in our own set of beliefs but not passing judgment on others? Why can't faith be open to discussion without people taking offense and even taking up arms, both literally and figuratively.

No comments: