Sunday, August 30, 2009

On Bridges And The Crocodiles Underneath

A friend recently said, "The hardest thing to learn in life is knowing which bridges to cross and which to burn". To some extent I would have to agree, but I think there are cases where we've known all along. What's actually difficult is deciding to actually burn them because somehow we always still hope that maybe down the road, things will change. Or that maybe we ourselves can somehow change so that we can safely cross that bridge without falling of and breaking our necks. In the end, I guess the only thing we should ask ourselves is, "Is it worth it?" and can we live with ourselves if it turned out not to be instead. This is what I'm trying to figure out as I myself am considering letting go of a few.

Am I making sense at all? And what's with the crocodiles, you say? Well, if you're good and burn the right ones, that's what you'll find underneath. ;)

No comments: