Friday, December 31, 2010

Better Days are Waiting / Happy 2011!

In many ways, 2010 wasn't a particularly good year for me. There were some problems I won't waste time enumerating.

But I'm grateful that this year, I was able to gain a better appreciation of the life I have in Tokyo which I oftentimes complain about, of my family and friends who I admittedly take for granted most of the time, and of myself – my strength, my resilience, my determination – which I oftentimes underestimate. I was also reminded that life, it never really goes exactly the way you wanted, the way you envisioned, but in the end, it turns out exactly as it should. Not because of a divine being's greater Plan for you, not because fate cooperates in the end, but because there comes a point when you become at peace with how things turned out. You accept that what has been was as it should; the future is bright and better days are waiting. 大丈夫だよ.

So as we welcome the new year, I hope we all keep that in mind – 2010 was as it should and 2011 is bright and full of promise. Better days are waiting. 大丈夫だよ.

Happy New Year everyone! 良いお年をお迎え下さい! I wish for all of us better health, better finances, better luck in our endeavors, and just plain old happiness in each day of the coming year! I leave you with this song, 大丈夫だよ, everything’s going to be all right. 未来を描くペンはきっとここ(心)にあるさ。

No comments: