At first, I was expecting her anger to root for my anger, her indignation to reflect mine. Instead, she asked me to try to understand and see things from the point of view of all the other people I am angry at, all the people I felt sorry for, and all the others that I feel indifferent to. When I do, I would begin to understand that things are not as unfair as my very pissed off self is imagining it to be.
After a while of wrestling with it, I finally conceded and realized that she was right.
"I know you are worried about a lot of things, but first and foremost, take utmost care of your relationships with the people who have been good to you, more than all the material things you are so afraid to lose now."She told me that she takes more pride in my character than in my resume, in the people I have bonded with than in the places I have been to. Her heart fills up with joy hearing me talk about my friends, my colleagues, and my happy voice describing just how blessed I am regardless of whatever issues I have. She takes more joy from this than if she were to hear that I had successfully renewed a piece of paper telling me where I can stay, that I got a raise, a new job, or a bigger apartment.
"Who cares what you lose, as long as you don't lose the good in you and the people around you."I came quite close - to losing the good in me to the anger boiling within me - but thankfully, she saved me.
So...
...who cares if I lose everything else, as long as I don't lose all of you. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment