I don't believe in soulmates. I believe in best friends, I have one. But soulmates? Not really.
I mean, isn't it too much wishful thinking to believe in that someone with whom you can deeply connect with in ways no other person can? That someone who seems to understand you even without so many words, someone who seems to understand even your silences? That someone who makes you feel enough and complete all on your own, yet makes you realize that life can be so much more wonderful by having each other? That someone to whom you can tell all your secrets, your innermost fears, your craziest ideas, your most ambitious dreams without much hesitation but with much trust instead? That someone who makes you want to hold hands and whisper "I love you" in all the beautiful ways those three words can ever mean.
I don't believe in soulmates. But then I met you.
You are that someone with whom I can deeply connect with in ways no other person can. You are that someone who seems to understand me even without so many words, that someone who seems to understand even my silences. You are that someone who makes me feel more than enough and complete all on my own, yet makes me realize that life can be so much more wonderful by having you in my life. You are that someone to whom I can easily tell all my secrets, my innermost fears, my craziest ideas, my most ambitious dreams without much hesitation but with much trust instead. You are that someone who makes me want to hold your hand and whisper "I love you" in all the beautiful ways those three words can ever mean.
I still don't believe in soulmates, but you know what? I believe in you.
...is what I would say to you if I could disregard reason for just one moment, if I could forget the consequences for one second, if I can convince myself that even just a short history of glances and moments could count for something.
No comments:
Post a Comment