I needed to de-stress so badly today, so I tried tinkering with some old photos to see how they would look in black and white. Here are the results. Not bad, huh?
This first photo was taken last month during the Golden Week in Kinshicho Park. After converting it to black and white, I thought it would add to the dramatic effect by adding a sepia feel. I adjusted the color balance and added more yellow and red. I felt it would also benefit a more vintage look, so I added a vignette effect by darkening the borders a bit.
This next photo was taken about a year ago in Odaiba, when a life-size Gundam Robot was on display for Gundam's 30th anniversary. I liked this photo even before, especially how the sun's reflection on the robot's body combined with the angle and framing created some sort of savior effect - exactly what Gundam is portrayed as and is supposed to be. But the colors were so washed out because of the sun and bright sky that I never bothered to publish it. Converting it to black and white somehow salvaged the photo and now I have a photo worth publishing.


No comments:
Post a Comment