Two years ago, I was afraid of wanting anything. I figured wanting would be to try.. and trying would lead to failure. But now I find I can't stop wanting... I want to fly somewhere in first class, I want to travel to Europe on a business trip, I wanna get invited to the White House. I wanna learn about the world, I wanna surprise myself! I want to be important. I wanna be the best person that I can be. I wanted to find myself instead of having others to find me. I wanna win and have people be happy for me. I wanna lose and get over it. I want to not be afraid of the unknown. I want to grow up to be generous and big-hearted, the way that people have been with me. I want an interesting and surprising life. It's not that I think I'm gonna get all these things. I just want the possibility of getting them.This is Tyra's college admission essay. I can't agree with Paul more - this is just one of the best lines ever written for TV. It is honest, and real, and sincere. It's not idealistic, but neither is it cynical. I am just so moved and touched by its innocence. I wish I could have written something like this when I was younger. Thinking about it though, it wouldn't have moved me so had I not heard it from another person, from her.
I LOVE FNL!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment